Lisa Chesters MP has become a well-known face around central Victoria after being elected as the Federal Member for Bendigo in September 2013.
Lisa is the first woman to be elected as the Federal Member for Bendigo which is an electorate that has existed since Federation.
Lisa’s maiden speech to Parliament reflected on the successes of the Bendigo region. She also spoke of her experiences growing up as the daughter of migrant small business owners, and advocated for public health, education and workers’ rights.
Since being elected, Lisa has been particularly vocal on important local issues including:
- local jobs and the misuse of labour hire and temporary worker visas
- central Victoria’s poor communication network and the need for the rollout of the NBN
- education reform in schools
- community inclusiveness and tolerance
- a just transition to a cleaner and greener renewable energy based economy and community
Lisa loves central Victoria, often seen around town volunteering at the Bendigo Farmers’ Market, walking her dog Flash, and buying her trademark double shot espressos.
Lisa is also interested in the arts, gardening and reading.
Lisa Chesters' Maiden Speech To Parliament