Lisa Chesters and Labor know education is the key to opportunity and the future economic and social prosperity of our nation.
Labor will reverse the Liberal Government’s $200 million cuts to central Victorian schools and deliver targeted investment to make a real difference in local schools.
‘Your Child. Our Future’ will drive permanent improvement in our schools.
1. More individual attention
• Extra one-on-one time to meet the needs of every student
• Literacy and numeracy support for every student
• Early intervention programs in every school
2. Better trained teachers
• Higher teacher entry standards and better training for the classroom
• More specialist teachers to help improve every student’s reading, writing and maths
• Better professional development and support to meet every child’s needs
3. More resources and better opportunities
• New subject choices and extra-curricular activities
• More support for students with disability
• Access to specialist allied health support – like speech and occupational therapists
I PLEDGE TO SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN FOR INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION.